Thursday, April 9, 2015

Hot Cocoa Mix


I made a bunch of this and gave it out to close friends and family for Christmas gifts this year!  Everyone loved it.  

 I use soy milk powder for it instead of regular dried milk powder.  I have never used regular cows milk powder, so I don't know what the outcome would be.  But, you may use whatever you like!  You are the chef, remember?!  I have also made this with rice milk powder for friends who are allergic to soy, and it turns out great.

Let me know what you think in the comments below!


Hot cocoa mix
Yield: about 6 cups

1 1/2 cups cocoa powder (or carob, if desired)
2 1/2 cups organic powdered sugar
2 cups vanilla soy milk powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp fine sea salt

1.  Sift everything together in a large bowl.  Then, whisk everything until combined.  Store in a glass container.

To Serve:
Place 2-3 large TB in a mug, add hot water or milk, stir.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly